Monday, August 29, 2011

Hi Honey...I'm Muslim

Today was really tough for me emotionally. I am not going into details at all, but I have definitely had better days. On my way home from work today I decided that I would bite the bullet and tell my husband and I am Muslim. After I picked up my daughter from day care I called him and went by his work to see him. He came out to meet me and I told him that I'd left Christianity and had reverted to Islam back in July. He was shocked to say the least and said we would talk about it when he got home. We'll see how things go when he comes home tonight. It will be late but that's okay.

May Allah grant me the wisdom to educate Nick about Islam and show him that my decision to become Muslim did not make me a bad person. And may He bring healing to me. I am rather ill today. I haven't been able to eat. I am nauseated. I feel like throwing up but there's nothing in my stomach to expunge. My head is throbbing. I need some good rest. I know my feeling of being ill is emotional and not pathological. I hope to be feeling better tomorrow.

Insha'Allah tonight will go well. I look forward to posting tomorrow about the events that will transpire in a couple of hours.

3 comments:

  1. Well, I can definitely relate. I had a discussion with my wife back in early December telling her that I was seriously thinking about reverting. It didn't go very well at first. These things take time. I had to show her -- as you will have to show him -- that this did not mean that our relationship would fundamentally change, that I would still be the same person. I reverted in March. Every day, I continue being me, the person that she married and has had children with. She has watched, sometimes in amazement and sometimes very supportively as I fasted through this month of Ramadan. In time, she will see that the only changes in me and in our relationship will only be for the good, improvements. She has already seen that our relationship continues good and stable and loving...

    By the way, I, too, am Southern. Ain't it great.

    An Okie Muslim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I forgot the most important thing to say to you today: Eid Mubarak!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Masha'Allah! May Allah support you sister, and ease your husband's heart and make the truth clear to him and help him accept your reversion, Ameen. I just think about how many of Muhammad's (SAW) companions had to have the same conversation with their families, Subhan Allah. But no matter how hard it may seem, Allah is with you, and your reward is with Him.

    ReplyDelete