Thursday, August 18, 2011

May Allah Grant Me Patience...But HURRY!

Patience is something that I am short of in my life. Does Allah test us to see if we can handle something? I am beginning to think so. "That time of the month" started today...which meant I was much more irritable than usual. My husband is having issues with performing his duties effectively at his job which could potentially lead to his termination if he doesn't get his act together. My father-in-law (who lives with us) has no job but is looking. Insha'Allah something will come through for him soon. Because of this, finances are extremely tight in our household. It bothers me when the time comes to pay a bill and I have to decide between buying groceries or paying the bill. The money situation isn't new to us though.

Today though I developed a migraine while at work. Once "that time of the month" started though I went and got a snack. Still, my head didn't get better. I took some Imitrex when I got home though and am on the road to recovery. But when I got to my daughter's day care I was told that there were two incident reports that I needed to sign in the office. Biting. Good grief! She bit two little boys today because they wouldn't give her a toy that they were already playing with. My little girl has a temper...kind of like her Mama. (Mama doesn't bite though.)She also did this earlier this week with another two little boys. So...four incident reports this week! What's the deal?

I was already irritable due to my little monthly "friend" showing up. I was irritated because of the financial difficulties we are under. And then my three year is biting...again. I was ticked. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. I snapped at her in the day care. She started crying. I picked her up, put her in her car seat, and told her that she knew better than to bite people...in a raised voice. She cried the whole way home and I ended up not talking the rest of the way home. When we got home I decided that I wouldn't allow her to watch TV tonight. I fixed her dinner, she ate, got her bathed, and she's now in bed. She didn't put up a fight at all even though she was in bed by 6:45PM. She knew Mama was mad at her.

I am rapidly running out of patience with this biting thing. I didn't bite. No one else in my family bit other kids. Why is she doing this? (If any of you folks have experience with kids who bite and successfully got them to stop, please please do share your secrets!)The day care is going to actually pull her out of her class and put her back into the 2 year old class until she learns that she is not allowed to bite other kids.

May Allah grant me patience. But hurry!

1 comment:

  1. Take a look at these articles on children that bite and how to stop it. InshaAllah you will find it beneficial

    http://www.supernanny.co.uk/Advice/-/Parenting-Skills/-/Discipline-and-Reward/Put-a-stop-to-biting.aspx

    http://missourifamilies.org/features/parentingarticles/parenting1.htm

    ReplyDelete