Monday, September 12, 2011

Monday and Progress

Assalamu alaikum, everyone! Today my boss approved my request to apply for the credit analyst position! I honestly do not know who else has applied. One lady I thought was certainly going to apply told me she wasn't interested in the position. I can honestly only think of one other people who might be interested in it. At this point it's a waiting game to see who all applies and how the interviews will go. I am still torn about this. Working in the Credit Department is haram enough and getting promoted in the Credit Department may be worse on the haram scale. Yet, there are benefits...like possibly having Fridays off and a raise to better support my family. Should I take it or not if it's offered? May the will of Allah prevail in this situation and that the best person for the position is hired.

I am pleased to say that my husband is making some progress at home. Sunday he finished the laundry that I had started, which was nice of him. He also did it without me asking for his help! Alhamdulillah! I was very pleased that he showed initiative and pitched in without me having to ask for help. No decision has been made yet, but I am very glad that he's making an effort. Now if only his dad would do the same...

I wanted to ask all of you a question though, especially any of you who may be reverts. The next day after performing salat, my legs ache as if I'd done squats in the gym! I know I'm out of shape (isn't "round" a shape after all?) but I didn't expect my thighs to ache so terribly the day after. How long will it be before that aching goes away? I know the more I can perform salat the easier it will be, but that muscle aching isn't pleasant at all! Talking to a friend on the phone today, I learned that I'm not the only person who has experienced this aching in my legs the day after. It makes praying difficult the next day.

I am going to wear my new dress to work tomorrow. I am looking forward to it. Eventually insha'Allah I will have the courage to wear hijab to work. The dress is this one: Almudena Maxi Dress in the Dark Slate color. It's extremely comfortable and I really like it! It does need to be ironed though so I will have to do that tonight.

I want to start sharing more information about Islam with my husband. Can anyone recommend some easy topics that I can research and share with him that won't overwhelm him or cause him more worry about my reversion? Your input is most appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment